ETERNAL CHAOS.org
Welcome to Eternal Chaos.
ETERNAL CHAOS.org
Welcome to Eternal Chaos.
ETERNAL CHAOS.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ETERNAL CHAOS.org

GENERALISED FORUM FOR CHATTING AND MAKING FRIENDS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Childish Tantrums..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eternal Chaos
Admin
Eternal Chaos

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Childish Tantrums.. Empty
PostSubject: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyTue 25 Mar 2008 - 7:59

Ok so we all have kids that take tantrums, question is how do you deal with it...Me i lock myself away until its over...But i also use timeout in their rooms, which they hate more than anything. I found shouting at the little bleeders is pointless...so come on give us some of you tips to help others with those terrible twos.... affraid Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://eternal-chaos.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyWed 2 Apr 2008 - 12:12

I am so glad mine have past that stage. I have no time for tantrums, 2years old has to be the worst age. A good skelpt arse is what they need, although we are not allowed to do that now. Sad
Well i suggest just taking a bigger tantrum than the child. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eternal Chaos
Admin
Eternal Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyWed 2 Apr 2008 - 12:56

well believe me being a mum to 9 i have had my fair share and have the perfect solution which i have mastered over 18 yrs, IGNORANCE....works every time..If i ignore they get bored and stop.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyWed 2 Apr 2008 - 18:18

Got to go with Eternal Chaos on this one.Better to ignoe than punish..Dont think hitting kids is the answer No No No No Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyTue 8 Apr 2008 - 5:46

Yep I'd agree, the last thing you want to do is give any form of attention to a tantrum, not even a smack. I found that swanning around as if I didn't have a care in the world, pretending they weren't even there, never mind kicking and screaming worked a treat. Gawd! It's difficult though, when what you'd really like to do is throttle them! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Eternal Chaos
Admin
Eternal Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyTue 8 Apr 2008 - 8:29

I would love to throttle mine atleast a couple of times a day, but thats not fair. Suspect

But i dont advocate anyone smacking a child it sometimes is neccessary when all else has failed........and i mean all else.Last resort... affraid Exclamation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyTue 8 Apr 2008 - 13:35

when my youngest was little hed lay down and bang his head and and drum his heels on the floor, I was worried hed hurt himself, the health visitor said he wouldnt and the best course of action was just to ignore him....I did and it worked sunny
Back to top Go down
Eternal Chaos
Admin
Eternal Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyTue 8 Apr 2008 - 13:59

I do believe it is the best way. Total ignorance..I know mine hate it when mummy ignores them, i just walk away and dont make any eye contact or speak to them for at least 3-4hrs, then by then they have learnt. They fight but dont really hurt eachother and they can be calmed down more by seperating the one who is causing the trouble, they hate that, especially in a large family situation...

If i am not being to impolite may i ask how old your youngest is now ,as i see you are of a more mature age, we are all whipper snappers compared...But wisdom is sometimes the better of the 2.. study scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyWed 9 Apr 2008 - 6:25

I like that very much "mature age" Smile better than being told "your getting old Mam"! Shocked Hes now in his 30s Eternal Chaos......hes turned out very well and I never ever hit them {dont believe in teaching them that}I used my "powers of persuasion" instead, although that didnt work so good with our youngest..........hes a law unto himslef! Wink Theyre all different {children I mean} and should be treated as such I think! What works for one doesnt necessarily work for another! The oldest has grown up into a well balanced intelligent human being who lives life sort of like a child, he embraces everything and enjoys anything new! The youngest hes getting there slowly.....my feelings is as long as you give them a good basic grounding in life the rest is up to them........to me theres no hard and fast rules for bringing them up, lifes for living and youve a whole lifetime to live, I mean Im still learning.........its only just the other day I realised that theyve turned out not too bad really, theyve learnt from our mistakes and not made the same ones we did, and now Im seeing that somethings we taught them are paying off its nice to see them do something that we taught them, the one thing is doing things yoursleves ie decorating its so much fun and gives you a sense of satisfaction doing things yourself rather than get or pay someone else to do it.......each generations different though and were learning and growing all the time! God I ramble on when I get started Embarassed but you did ask! My biggest problem is not letting the powers that be dictate how it should be....I/We did it my/our way and its worked out not too bad, I think if you see everything as a learning and that theres no such thing as mistakes and dont listen to what other people say youll cope......mind you I dont know how I would have handled 9 of the little darlings........with my two were learning from each other all the time! sunny Ive forgot what you asked me now and what the thread was about! Very Happy I hope you dont mind having a "mature person" on your forum Eternal Chaos Smile Im still young at heart {sometimes} its the physical body that hinders me............bringing up two has taken its toll Smile I wonder how you will fair after bringing up 9 Eternal Chaos.....my advice would be ENJOY every minute......lifes precious and dont listen to what anyone else tells you, you know yourself whats right for you and yours! flower
Back to top Go down
Eternal Chaos
Admin
Eternal Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyWed 9 Apr 2008 - 6:50

How do i answer that...You sound as if you sorted out your kids the right way.I know that with my tribe its more of a case , they learn by their own mistakes. I warn them not to touch and the do then they may leave it alone after that.I would never let them get hurt but if i run round making sure that they touch nothing i will have 6 rebelious kids and 3 teens on my back..I am a laid back mum and i can say it works. I have 2 teen girls who are in bed by 9 during the week and 10.30 at weekends and they are 18.14.without much of a fuss, soi must be doing something wrong.
The little ones go to bed a 6, 7, 8 depending on age and they all go to sleep after their drink and supper, so its not too bad.

I am hopingi will fair ok, i am lighthearted and dont care for much, but what i do enjoy are my kids and that is my life. I live for them and my oh, i am complete being a mum but i hate to think what i would be like when they start to fledge..I may fall apart after that, but then i will ahve he grandkids so i hope i will be around kids for a long long time..I do tell my kids off but i try to look at the situation from a child point depending again on age,i find thats the easiest way i find to cope..And atleast that way i can always be a kid bounce

My dear i am not age discriminate..My limit for this forum is 99 so i hope to have a long time of posting on here,never know if i can keep this forum from sinking might start up a Bingo night for the members... Suspect

See i can jabber on as much aswell..I hope more members join, i am hoping for a friendly forum with more laughs and discussions about what we want to talk about with critisism, but then that just would not be human...
I am only 38 but the mind of my forefathers, Respect Honour andf trust, make the best start to everything, without it we may well as give up, and the world is missing alot of them...sorry that was just my little gripe. I was raised under the army and have never disrespected anyone, but it is common place in civilian street..Frightening affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyWed 9 Apr 2008 - 9:35

Nah I never sorted them out EC.....just gave them a basic grounding the rest is up to them.......they make their own mistakes and learn from them just as we did. Im not saying I got it right god knows Im not perfect anything but!

I hate bingo! No cannot stand it , thats for old wifies and people that dont want to use their brains! IMO ofcourse! Rolling Eyes

Not many welcomes, mature age, starting up bingo......I think Ill bid you farewell EC I doubt very much that Ill fit in here somehow.......I can take a hint! Smile Byeeeee been nice knowing you allbeit very briefly! cyclops Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eternal Chaos
Admin
Eternal Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyWed 9 Apr 2008 - 9:38

the bingo was a joke. But if you arel eaving us then may you have a great time...I was not hinting at anything and i am sorryif you felt offended..But you must do what you feel..Oh and i hate bingo aswell
Back to top Go down
Lwilliams

Lwilliams

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyWed 28 May 2008 - 10:29

two/three is a very challenging time for a mother, especially on her first time round. with my son, who was my first, i chose the ignore route. i didn't want to chose punishment because it's a stage, not a disobedience ... i thought scratch
durning the tantrum, as i was ignoring, i really tried to make out like whatever i was doing was very fun & enjoyable. that seemed to help end the tantrum sooner lol! . all the best young mothers. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.zhitea.com/Default.aspx
Eternal Chaos
Admin
Eternal Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyWed 28 May 2008 - 12:46

welcome to the forum Lwilliams...Sounds like you have it sorted.How old is your son if you dont mind me being nosy..i have one son and eight daughters, hes on his own and i wonder if he would have been different if he had more boys, but alas sisters it is..
Back to top Go down
N-dubz

N-dubz

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyThu 9 Apr 2009 - 7:32

Very Happy yep sisters are harder to play with then brothers dont ya think Eternal Chaos...
Back to top Go down
http://caithness.org
Madasahatter

Madasahatter

Number of posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyThu 9 Apr 2009 - 12:50

dont be silly n-dubz they are both as bad as each other.

only joking lol
Back to top Go down
N-dubz

N-dubz

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. EmptyThu 9 Apr 2009 - 14:51

heheh but i still think it is alot easier to play with ma brother then my sisters lol lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Childish Tantrums..   Childish Tantrums.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Childish Tantrums..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ETERNAL CHAOS.org :: Welcome/Introductions :: Parenting/Family/Homelife-
Jump to: